About Tall Fescue
Tall Fescue is a cool season, aggressive, perennial bunchgrass that develops a uniform, thick turf.
Adaptable to a wide range of soils, including poorly drained areas, turf-type Tall Fescue produces
dark green foliage that remains green throughout the growing season.
Attributes of Tall Fescue
- Grows a beautiful fine-textured lawn
- Maintains a deep green color throughout the growing season
- Contains improved heat, drought and disease resistant varieties
- Lower growing requiring less mowing than common Fescues
- Cool season, aggressive, perennial bunchgrass that develops a uniform sod as it matures
- Adapts to a wide range of soils, including poorly drained areas
Tall fescue was originally intended to be used as a forage-type grass; however, after many years of
research and studies, we now have genetically improved turf-type Tall Fescue that is perfect for lawn
use. Due to its deep root system, tall fescue requires much less irrigation than many other types of
turfgrasses. If properly maintained, turf-type Tall Fescue creates a durable turf; it tolerates shaded
areas that warm season grasses cannot; provides better insect and disease resistance; and even requires
less fertilizer. All these attributes make turf-type Tall Fescue an excellent choice for creating a
healthy and beautiful lawn.