Fertilizing New Lawns vs. Existing LawnsNew Lawns
- Use a starter fertilizer when planting grass seed to assist root development.
- A starter fertilizer increases success and insures that the grass will have the proper nutrients needed to grow and thrive into a healthy lawn.
- Lawns need the proper amount of nutrients to thrive. Regular feedings are critical to the overall health of your lawn.
- A general rule of thumb is to feed the lawn when it is actively growing.
- Fall feedings are also important. They help prepare a lawn for the dormancy period ahead. The timing of this feeding gives a lawn the reserves it will need over the winter months.